It could have been a better day if I hadn't been up half the night because my knee hurt after falling up my patio cement stair (yes only one) and landing on my knee.
It could have been a better day if I would have woke up on time and not been an hour late for work.
It could have been a better day if I hadn't hit and killed some poor defenseless deer who was just trying to cross the road in the canyon.
But then I got home and found this wonderful note and flowers on my counter, got to stay home from work, sat around with a heating pad on my knee, received sympathy from my husband and kids, realized I had been driving this canyon for 11 years with no mishaps, found out my car could be fixed and that insurance will pay for a rental . . . so I guess it could have been a lot worse day.
12 comments:
oh! your post made me want to cry a little! way to look at the bright side mama, i love you!
you have always had a great outlook on life but we have not always been able to reconize it. so this is one for the books i am glad that you only have a hurt knee and the rest of you is OK....
a deer?! oh, my! that car looks awful, i hope your knee will be on the fast mend!
Hey there. You ok? Maybe we all need to have a little pick-me-up night or something. I love ya and hope all is well. See you soon.
Oh sarah! I'm sorry about your day, but I'm amazed at the positive that came out of it! Thanks for letting me hang out with you guys tonight! I really enjoyed it, I miss you guys!
As long as you are alright, that is all that matters. 11 years through Sardine without an incident is awesome. Hope your knee is feeling better.
How are you feeling? You have always had such a sunny dispostion and I have loved doing stuff with you. I still remember when we went to your house for Thanksgiving one year and had Stove Top Stuffing, it was the best. Thanks for your positive example.
Sucks to be that deer. YAYA, but at leats you get a new hood, get rid of all those rock chips. love ya!!
Thank goodness for a great husband and kids, huh? Wish I coulda been there, too! Love ya!
I bet the last thing that went through that deer's mind...was his butt.
I'm soooo sorry, what an awful day, but with your usual humor you got through it. Love you
OH!! Poor Sarah! But you're a strong willed happy lady & can see humor in everything!! Luv ya tons! Do hope your knee is doing better
Post a Comment