11 January 2008

Our Makinley Rose

I've tried real hard to leave the blogging of Baby Makinley to her parents but I just can't do it any more. Who would have thought that being a grandmother could be so wonderful. While Kayleen was pregnant, I had a few other Grandma's tell me how much they love it but I guess you just don't get it (or maybe I'm slow) until you have your first one. I finally understand why Vic doesn't mind staying back at the trailer and tending the grand children while their parents go off on a bike ride. I'm there for you Jared and Kayleen.

Makinley was born on the 27th of November and it brings smiles to my face every time I think of her. It was a pretty exciting day. Jared and Kayleen were so happy that this day had finally arrived. I actually had to ask Kayleen to act like she was in pain just so I could get an "in labor" photo (I'm pretty sure she didn't want me taking pictures when the labor really started in).


You have never seen two grandmas more excited than Kristen and I as we anxiously waited for Makinley's arrival. We were suppose to be in the waiting room but who would ever know different if we were to quietly sneak in and listened at the door. We even wondered if we could climb high enough to peak over the curtains and she what was going on.

The next day we found out that the doctor gave us away, he told on us. How could he. We tried to behave and to be good grandmas and went back to the waiting room, to patiently wait for her arrival. The young adults were much more patient than us (of course they all know how to text).



FINALLY, Jared came out and shared pictures and gave us our first look at his new baby daughter. It was pretty overwhelming.




Shortly after we were able to see her.




Below are a few pictures of Baby Makinley
in the first month of her life.




Do you think Ivy feels a little left out?





Isn't she the most precious little girl!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

She IS the most precious!!! And you are the cutest grandma!!! I miss you guys! Love you lots!

Michelle said...

Thats a great picture of me bawling mom, thanks!! i do love the one at the bottom of me with my niece though...oh i love her so much!!

Kjerstin said...

I have to agree, she is adorable! She sure is loved, that's for sure. I love the pictures! You are a fabulous grandma!

Anonymous said...

I did that well I guess Kayleen helped a little.. hehe

Brandon said...

Awe... I love that little girl. I'm so sad that I won't get to see her for two years. Sigh. I miss her already.

Jared & Kayleen said...

Brandon,
Trust me I will send you so many pictures you will be sick of her face by the time you get back. and by the way you should be saying Awe.. she is so cute I am so lucky I got to see her before I leave.. Remember your calling and know that there is no better place for you to be than serving our lord. Just think of all the blessing not only you will get but we will all get to dont deprive Kinley of those blessings by wishing you were somewere else. I love you little Bro and I know you are going to be blessed for you work. Have I ever in you life let you down (no) so trust me now and keep your nose to the stone..

Mom sorry for not commenting on you blog more by the way she is your granddaughter blog the heck out of her if you like..

Love you all so much, Jared

catherine said...

I'm one of those completely sold Grandmas!!! Grandchildren have been the bestest blessing in my life ever.
And your little Kinley is just too cute for words

For now said...

Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

What an absolute beauty! Great photo's and terrific commentary. Keep it coming!